AstraZeneca, BBVA and Polymetal out in front as short lists released for IR Magazine Awards – Europe 2021
IR Magazine has released the short lists for the IR Magazine Awards – Europe 2021, which celebrate best-in-class investor relations across the European market.
AstraZeneca, BBVA and Polymetal International have taken an early lead with four nominations each. Running close behind are a host of companies with three nominations each, including Aker Solutions, Allianz, BASF, Cyfrowy Polsat, Enel, Iberdrola and Valmet.
The virtual awards ceremony will take place on June 24 in a night featuring live acceptance speeches, competitions and the chance to ‘mingle’ with other attendees.
The awards are split into two sections: the awards-by-research categories are based on a survey of hundreds of portfolio managers, buy-side analysts and sell-side analysts, with prizes for best overall investor relations, best IR officer, best IR by senior management and best IR in sector.
The awards-by-nominations categories allow companies to submit entries across different areas of IR practice, such as best annual report, best investor event, best IR website and best use of multimedia for IR. The winners are selected by a panel of experts.
This year, the judging panel features:
- Mike Allen, head of research, Zeus Capital
- Heinrich Ey, co-CIO for European small caps, Allianz Global Investors
- Simon Gleadhill, corporate reporting & IFRS technical controller, Howden Joinery Group
- Tim Human, senior reporter, IR Magazine
- Caroline Le Meaux, head of ESG engagement, Amundi
- Madeleine Szeluch, investor relations ESG director, Novartis
- Gervais Williams, head of equities, Premier Miton Investors
To find out more about the IR Magazine Awards – Europe 2021, please click here.