IR at cannabis companies: A budding industry
Investor relations in the cannabis sector is unique. IR professionals have to contend with large retail investor bases, volatile stock prices, high demand for information and transparency, all while often working with executives with limited public markets experience. In this best practice guide from IR Magazine, we explore the rigors of running an IR program at a cannabis company, in addition to the many exciting potential opportunities of working in such a volatile sector. In this guide we will cover:
- The value of investor relations
- The makeup of shareholder bases
- The pressure to put out regular news releases
- Investors’ outlook on the sector
- The legal outlook for the sector
Hear from IR professionals at some of largest and fastest-growing cannabis companies in the world, as well as some of the sector’s most prominent advisors.