Human Capital Management report now available
IR Magazine has released a new report investigating the impact on IR of human capital management (HCM). The report examines how companies should report on workplace practices and personnel decisions, both within the company and in the supply chain. The report also looks at how investors engage with HCM and what human capital issues are of particular interest to them.
Findings are based on the IR Magazine Global IR Survey conducted in Q3 2020 and the IR Magazine Global Investor Survey conducted in Q4 2020. Data in the report is broken down by region, job title and company size.
- More than three quarters of IR teams have received questions about human capital management (HCM) from investors in the past two years, while a majority of investors have asked questions.
- Diversity is the most common HCM issue IR teams hear about. Pay & compensation is the issue investors say they most ask about.
- Most IR teams have seen an increased interest in HCM over the past two years.
- More than seven in 10 companies have either reported on HCM last year or intend to report this year.
- The most common place to report on HCM is the sustainability report, followed by annual reports and on the website.
- Less than a quarter of investors are unconcerned with reporting on HCM.
- More than six in 10 investors view HCM within the company and just under six in 10 view HCM in the supply chain as positively important factors when looking to invest.
- The most important HCM issues within the company for investors are pay & compensation, followed by staff retention & hiring, diversity and senior management.
- Labor practices are by far the most important HCM issue in the supply chain.
This report is available only to IR Advanced and IR Intel subscribers to IR Magazine. You can download a free sample of the report here
If you have any questions or need help with your subscription, please contact our subscriptions expert Paul Campbell on +44 20 8004 5337 or by email here.