Georgeson’s Annual corporate governance review
As we prepare for the 2022 season, the profound impact that ESG has had on the past year is important context that companies cannot afford to ignore. In the past year, we have seen investors grow more focused on ESG topics than ever before with a rapid and groundbreaking shift in how they voted at US public company annual meetings.
Highlights from the 2021 season include:
- A rapid increase in institutional investor voting on shareholder proposals and director elections
- A record-breaking number of environmental shareholder proposals passing with unprecedented levels of support
- Of the environmental-related shareholder proposals that reached a vote, more than twice as many passed compared to the 2020 proxy season
- Board diversity and disclosure of ESG issues increasingly influence votes against directors
- Workforce diversity-focused shareholder proposals have seen exponential growth in submissions over the past few seasons
With investors substantially more focused on the ESG risks and opportunities of the companies in which they invest, staying on top of the trends and new and emerging topics is critical in 2022.
For a comprehensive analysis of the most important 2021 proxy season voting and ESG trends, read the Annual Corporate Governance Review.
Please complete the form below with the information requested. Once you have filled in the form, you will receive or be taken to the report.
We need this information so that we can make the report available to you, and so that we and Computershare | Georgeson can keep you updated via email and telephone of our products and services.
You may choose to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communication from IR Magazine or Computershare | Georgeson.
FAST TRACK DOWNLOADING REPORTS
Log in to your IR Magazine account to auto-complete the form below and save time!
Not got an IR Magazine account? Register free here to speed up downloading our reports >>